Commentary on the so-called Creation/Evolution/Intelligent Design Debate and Right-Wing nuttery in general - and please ignore the typos (I make lots!)

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oh dear, I've been tagged...

The Rev.BigDumbChimp tagged me...

Well, OK, there are some rules:

  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

The 8 people I am supposed to tag may be a toughie - all the folks I would have done this to have apparently already been tagged, so I might be adding names later...

Anyway - eight random facts/habits about me...

1. I wanted to be a physical therapist until I did some observation/volunteer work at a physical rehabilitation center in Michigan and realized that I did not want to be around people with problems. So, I went to graduate school.

2. I grow a beard in the summer (since I cannot grow one during the school year - military school and all) and I have this semi-obsessive/compulsive habit of plucking out beard hairs that feel out of place.

3. I build and fly (try to, anyway) radio controlled airplanes.

4. Unlike Newt Gingrich, Dan Burton, Ronald Reagan, Rush Limbaugh, and Rudy Giuliani, I have never had an affair and have only been married once. Next month I will be celebrating my 21st Wedding Anniversary (and I'll only be 40!).

5. I did not become an atheist until I actually read the bible at age 20 after my father unexpectedly died. After I read it - from cover to cover - I was nearly dumbstruck by the realization that nearly half the population of this country believes it word for word.

6. I think Karl Popper's ideas were naive and simplistic and have little relevance to the actual process and endeavor of science.

7. My graduate school advisor lived on the corner of Northfield and Oneida streets. I grew up in New York on an Oneida Street, and I now live in Northfield, VT. Creepy, eh?

8. I recently had a 20-year reunion of my old Army unit - Delta Battery, 319th FA, Airborne Battalion Combat Team. Woo hoo!

Names of 8 taggees forthcoming....

2 comments:

Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

I wanted to be a physical therapist until I did some observation/volunteer work at a physical rehabilitation center in Michigan and realized that I did not want to be around people with problems.

Not sure if that was meant to be funny or not, but I laughed.

Doppelganger said...

Funny, but true.